Worth knowing before you
The arrival day is Friday from 1500 hrs. Departure time
A deposit of 25% of the rental fee is payable if the
booking is made more than eight weeks before the start of
the rental. The balance shall be payable eight weeks
before the commencement of the rental. Non-payment of the
balance of the rent on or before the due date shall be
construed as a cancellation of the contract by the client.
For bookings made less than eight weeks before the start
of the rental the total fee is payable on sending the
booking form. Cheques should be made payable to J Rogan
and sent to the address at the top of the booking form.
Any cancellation made by the client for whatever reason
shall be in writing and addressed to J Rogan at the
address at the top of the booking form. On receipt of
notice of cancellation and providing this is received more
than 8 weeks before the date of stay, Devon Eco Holidays
will endeavor to re-let the property for the period of
booking. If successfully re-let it shall refund the
deposit paid, less an administrative charge of £40 per
booking. For cancellation less than 8 weeks before date of
stay there will be loss of deposit. Any cancellation
received 14 days or less before date of stay, for whatever
reason, will not receive refund of any monies paid. We
advise that you take out a separate holiday cancellation
Drainage: Because of our rural location we operate on a
private drainage system. This does not use any chemicals
as it is a “green system”. It is very important that no
chemicals including and in particular BLEACH or MILTON or
ANTI-BACTERIAL products should be used anywhere! This
includes Fairy Liquid type cleaners.
This is one of the reasons we provide ecological washing
up liquid, surface cleaner, hand soap (kitchens and loos),
dishwasher tablets, loo cleaner and laundry liquid. The
other reason is to be kind to you and the planet.
• Only human waste and toilet paper should be disposed
of in the toilet.
• Only liquids (but not melted fat) should go down the
• Sanitary bags are provided for sanitary items (tampons
& towels) & condoms – Please
Policy Issues and Green Policy:
• Only guests listed on the booking form may stay
overnight, we reserve
the right to charge for unauthorised overnight stays and
to ask guests to leave.
• No smoking is allowed in any of the buildings.
• The farm is unsuitable for children under 10 years old.
• Unfortunately, pets are not allowed at the current time.
• No Fireworks are allowed at Swallow’s Nest, as we are
by livestock. Green Policy:We are committed to living
sustainably and offer our guests a “green” holiday
experience in luxury whilst emitting as little Carbon
Dioxide as possible. We do all we can to continually
achieve our goals and really appreciate your support and
help. We would welcome any feedback on anything we could
do to offer an even more sustainable holiday.
• We are members of the Green Tourism Business Scheme, as
an indicator of our sustainable practices.
• We comply with the requirements of environmental
legislation and approved codes of practice
• We reduce, recycle and reuse wherever possible.
• All our energy usage is from renewable sources; sun,
wood, water and we aim to keep updated.
• We actively seek ways to reduce the use of energy and
• grow as much of our own organic food as possible and
welcome your feedback and input.
• We shop locally from local suppliers and encourage you
to as well.
• We promote and participate in local events or activities
and are committee members of Blackdown Hill Transition to
encourage a sustainable lifestyle for all. See
www.blackdowntransition.org for more information. We give
support to our local community in a number of ways.
If you have any questions or requirements please let us
know. MOST IMPORTANTLY enjoy yourselves, the nature, the
cottage, Devon and have a wonderful eco holiday!